Head and Neck Cancer Program
Head and neck cancer includes cancers of the mouth, throat and other rare cancers. These include cancer of the nose, sinuses, salivary glands, and lymph nodes.
Head and Neck Oncology involve comprehensive treatment and rehabilitation including endoscopic procedures, major and minor resections, organ preservation surgeries, as well as complex reconstructions, including free flaps.
At BLK Super Speciality Hospital, our BLK Head and Neck Cancer Program helps minimize the impact of cancer and assists patients in recovering and coping with side effects.
- Treatments focusing on preserving function, appearance and achieving cure.
- Minimally invasive proceduresincluding endoscopic laser laryngeal surgery.
- Limiting toxicity with advanced radiation therapy and chemo-radiation approaches.
- Highly experienced teams working closely with neurosurgeons and radiation oncologists, performskull base surgery, either endoscopic or open.
- State-of-the-art reconstructive surgery and rehabilitation to reduce morbidity.
- Intra-operative irradiation for selected recurrent tumors.
Symptoms of Head & Neck Cancer
Cancer is a serious ailment and one must regularly visit a doctor in order to track his/her health issues. Any unusual symptoms must be examined immediately. In case of head & neck cancer following symptoms might be the warning sign:
- Difficulty in opening the mouth
- Pain while chewing, swallowing and speaking
- Any kind of rash/patch
- Lump in the mouth
- Ulcer that won’t heal
- Constant bad breath