- Ear is one of the essential senses for us.
- Any deformity or ailment can result in permanent warp if not treated on time or properly. At BLK, we assure you timely and effective treatment.
- Stapedotomy is a surgical procedure conducted to improve hearing of a patient.
What is Stapes?
- Stapes or Stapes footplate is a small part in the ear and an important part in making a person hear properly.
- Usually the Stapes footplate is a flexible bone but in certain patients it becomes fixated resulting in partial hear loss.
What are the causes of fixated Stapes footplate?
- The Stapes footplate can be fixated by birth due to malformation or may become fixated due to abnormal mineralization of the temporal bone.
What is the Stapedotomy mechanism involves?
- The Stapedotomy is carried out surgically.
- It is a minimal invasive surgery wherein a tiny incision is made in the stapes footplate through micro drill or laser after which the doctor places prosthesis.
- The implant helps in the movement of the stapes footplate.